Joe Resume, Information Technology Expert
Exploring opportunities to contribute IT expertise towards consulting/contracting with organizations in evaluating, defining, and addressing their technology needs, with the objective of designing and developing proactive technology-driven solutions to drive efficiency, productivity, quality, and profit levels to optimal performance.
· Appointed to drive critical project migrating MS Access Data Warehouse to SQL 2000, including DTS package design and deployment.
· Significantly enhanced and successfully maintained a database management system comprised of MS Access Data Warehouse and MS Access Interface with switchboard and forms/reports/macros vital to facilitating access of 200+ team members.
· Collaborated with COGNOS Consultants in designing and developing Power Play Cubes and Reports, and subsequently spearheaded the design of a monthly process to run, maintain, and modify Power Play Cube and Reports to effectively address static numbers reporting needs.
· Project managed COGNOS Development Team initiatives, utilizing Decision Stream, Power Play Report/Transformer, Impromptu Report, Upfront, Visualizer, and Access Manager to effectively meet project timelines and objectives.
· Created, developed and programmed numerous stand-alone databases utilizing MS Access Backend for data and MS Access Application for front end user interface for multiple facility sections
· Demonstrated strong leadership skills and technology expertise in developing/delivering MS Access Database Queries, Forms and Reports training materials for 400+ civilians, soldiers and reservists.
· Proficiently applied vast MS Access 97 and 2000 skills towards designing databases, building queries, developing forms, creating reports, and designing macros.
· Strategically extracted/cleansed data from multiple data sources including SQL, FoxPro dbf., Excel Spreadsheets, CSV Files, and MS Access Databases through application of refined decision stream modification and design techniques.
· Entrusted with directing the design and modification of Impromptu Catalogs, Reports and Web Reports, with accountability for troubleshooting, defining, and addressing problems to ensure integrity and reliability of reporting systems.
· Decisively led Upfront, Access Manager and Visualizer projects development.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE/DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY 1998-2003
Project Manager (2002-2003)
Information Technology Specialist, GS 11 (2000-2002)
Computer Specialist, GS 09 (1998-2000)
· Successfully built a progressive career with the United States Army Reserve as a key team player in developing, integrating and supporting technology-driven solutions.
· Project managed critical technology projects from conceptualization, development and integration to testing, quality assurance and ongoing administration and support, including a major COGNOS development project.
· Developed and conducted classroom instruction in MS Access.
· Eagerly assumed additional responsibilities in promoting to IT Specialist, with Level 2 Help Desk accountability for Network Operation Center technical support of HP Network Printers, HP Scanners and Xerox Copiers.
· Applied expertise in MS Access towards developing reports, queries, macros and forms.
· Spearheaded database management and maintenance administration using SQL, FoxPro, Excel and MS Access data structures.
· Successfully launched an electronics repair company specializing in servicing computer, television, VCR and audio equipment.
· Demonstrated sharp analytical and problem solving skills in troubleshooting, repairing, and testing wide range of electronic equipment for diverse client base.
· Effectively communicated with clients to build sales performance and maximize customer satisfaction.
Recruiter/Civilian, US ARMY RESERVE, 1977-1984
ALTO Consulting: MS Access Developers Course, MS Visual Basic 6 Developers Course,
MS SQL 7 Developers Course, MS SQL 2000 Developers Course
COGNOS: Impromptu Reports and Administration, Power Play Reports/Administration,
Power Play Transformer Cube Administration, Decision Stream Administration